Friday 31 July 2009

Corporate Chaos

So a gentle week being introduced to working in London is over, and what have I learnt? Well, for one, I catch flies when I'm asleep on the train. For another, it's significantly less stressful getting to work when you get the train.

I don't have to worry abour peak times, so I always get a seat, plus I haven't had to get up before 0730 this week, unless woken by the human alarm clock that is my daughter.

Lookin forward to a 52 hour week next week. At least that gives me 17 hours overtime, which should pay for all the Double Deckers I've been eating in the meantime.

It's been a fun week, I've walked across Hyde Park four times, met a lot of nice people and not broken anything. And yet in all the time I've been in London I haven't seen a single cashpoint. No wonder we are in a recession. As one of the also-rans in Mock The Week said last night "I have a limited understanding of economics, but it's got a lot to do with consumer spending. And maybe we've all just realised that wev'e got enough stuff already, and we don't need any more."

Makes me wonder how my client is going to get on selling its stuff to people who think they've got enough stuff already.

No comments:

Post a Comment