Wednesday 2 September 2009

And Times Goes By So Slowly

The question is not "what should I do with my time?", but "why am I spending my time doing this?" At least it is today.

While my house is being redone following a small flood, my daughter is preparing for her first day of school. I, meanwhile, am sitting listening to a presentation about Learning and Development. Oh if only...

It's not been a bad week, you can't complain when you've only got four days work in a week, but everything seems to be coming to a head this week. After 6 months of being homeless, we finally get our house back this weekend. It cannot be overstated how traumatic the whole thing has been; the insurance loss adjusters let things delay so long that we had to trash the entire downstairs. A downstairs that we had recently redecorated.

After living in hotels and cottages and houses, we are just three days away, and I'm stuck at work!

In other news, I read that they are describing Chloe Madeley as a TV personality? Is this the daughter of Richard Madeley? If so, since when did being the offspring of a TV personality automatically make you one yourself?

I'm also pleased to read that the outage at Gmail was due to an engineer error. So next time I break something at work, I'll just say "Well, y'know put it into context, at least I didn't break the world's third largest web-email service."

No comments:

Post a Comment